Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Celebrating Senior Sunday at St. John's

Senior Sunday was a great day at St. John's on May 6. This is the day each year when we celebrate our graduating high school seniors. We also have several other college graduates this year.

Here is a video of the sermon.



Here is the mindmap I used for the sermon for this sermon. Click the "+" button a few times to make it bigger so you can read it or use the other buttons to adjust the view.

This was the Sunday when we recognize our graduating high school seniors. Here Mary and I are pictured with the 4 young men who are graduating high school at the reception in their honor after the service. I was a bit dismayed to find myself looking up to these guys. I remember them when they were just starting Junior High. They were my first confirmation class at St. John's. Now they are graduating high school. Wow. Time flies.


It was a bittersweet day as we congratulated our graduating seniors and sent them forth into the world to prepare for greater service in the world. Keep them in prayer and hold them in your heart.

Your sending and sent friend in faith,
JON BURNHAM
Share/Save/Bookmark