Friday, December 3, 2010

St. John's Christian Sympathy

Lois made the transition from this life to the life to come yesterday evening at Houston Hospice. She will be greatly missed by the Chancel Choir, Handbell Choir, the Session, and the entire congregation. Details of a St. John's Memorial Service for Lois will be forthcoming. In the meantime, I trust you will want to join me in showing prayerful support for her sister, Ellen.

"I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
 and I have been saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me;
  the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
  the snares of death confronted me." (Psalm 18:3-5, NIV)

In addition, our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Max K upon the death of his mother and with Mary St upon the recent death of her grandmother.

"So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption,
  and this mortal shall have put on immortality,
 then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written,
    Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where is thy sting?
    O grave, where is thy victory?" (1 Corinthians 15:54-55, KJV)

--
St. John's Presbyterian Church
5020 West Bellfort / Houston, TX 77035
T. 713.723.6262 / F. 713.723-4015 / Email: office.sjpc@gmail.com
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:30 am / Sunday School: 9:00 am
Share/Save/Bookmark