Tuesday, October 30, 2012

St. John's Memorial Service for Gloria Avery at 11 am in the sanctuary this Saturday, November 3

Dear church members and friends of St. John's,

One of our dear members, Gloria Avery, has succumbed to lung cancer. A memorial service for Gloria will be held this Saturday, 11 am, in the sanctuary of St. John's Presbyterian Church. Visitation will be at 10:30 am in the sanctuary before the service. A repast (only for invited family and friends) will be held in Fellowship Hall after the service. 

As we approach this memorable occasion, here are 3 scripture verses the family would like us to bear in mind:

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 
~Matthew 11:28-30

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all consolation, 
who consoles us in all our affliction, 
so that we may be able to console those who are in any affliction 
with the consolation with which we ourselves are consoled by God. 
For just as the sufferings of Christ are abundant for us, 
so also our consolation is abundant through Christ." 
~2 Corinthians 1:3-5

"Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; 
I will strengthen you, I will help you, 
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."
~Isaiah 41:10
May the peace of Christ be with us all,
JON BURNHAM

--
Rev. Dr. Jonathan L. Burnham (Jon's Blog, Facebook, Twitter
Pastor of St. John's Presbyterian Church (Church's WebsiteBlog, Facebook
5020 West Bellfort Ave, Houston, TX 77035 (Map & Directions to church)
Phone church office 713-723-6262; Email church office
Sunday Schedule: Church School for all ages: 9:00 am; Worship 10:30 am; Youth Fellowship 5 pm

--
St. John's Presbyterian Church
5020 West Bellfort / Houston, TX 77035
T. 713.723.6262 / F. 713.723-4015 / Email: office.sjpc@gmail.com
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:30 am / Sunday School: 9:00 am
Share/Save/Bookmark