Tuesday, October 4, 2011

St. John's In memory of Freda Albert

One of our church members, Freda Albert, died yesterday. Freda joined St. John's in 1975 with her husband, Charles Albert, who died in 1999. Freda has been living at Clarewood Retirement Home for several years. Services will be at Clarewood a few weeks from now at a date to be determined by her family. Beverly and Erin Owings were faithful friends and companions of Freda for the past several years and we remember them in prayer along with Freda's family. As we remember her life, we recall this passage from Job 19:23-27:

O that my words were written down! O that they were inscribed in a book!
O that with an iron pen and with lead they were engraved on a rock forever!
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth;
and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God,
whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!


Peace,
Pastor Jon

--
The Rev. Dr. Jonathan L. Burnham
St. John's Presbyterian Church
5020 West Bellfort Ave, Houston, TX 77035
Phone 713-723-6262 | sjpresby.blogspot.com

--
St. John's Presbyterian Church
5020 West Bellfort / Houston, TX 77035
T. 713.723.6262 / F. 713.723-4015 / Email: office.sjpc@gmail.com
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:30 am / Sunday School: 9:00 am
Share/Save/Bookmark